Friday, November 22, 2013

A TOUCH OF ELEGANCE....



Welcome to OnPoint Eventz blog.  I count it such a privilege to have you here. 

As a woman of African origin, I am proud of my culture and I will try to best of my ability to showcase my beautiful culture to the world. It's all about sharing and learning...

The Nigerian bride is what I call "ROYALTY". The headwrap (gele) is what makes the difference.  It is simply a large rectangular cloth tied on the bride's in many different ways. The material used to make the gele is usually stiff, but flexible. For example, we have aso-oke (thickly woven silk), brocade (cotton) and Damask. These materials come in a wide array of colors, patterns and textures. The bigger the cloth (and the greater the skill) the more elaborate the look. Every gele is unique and there is no true formula to achieve the exact look twice. If you take a closer look, you will see that no two tied-up geles are the same. My goal is to make every woman beautiful and feel special, no matter your country of origin.  At OnPoint, we take pride in geles because no matter who you are or where you come from.

Here's my latest work with my African queen........

Her dark skin and beautiful eyes speak volumes. 



Before....





Her brows were full,l so I didn't apply any eye pencil on her brows. I wanted her brow bone to pop out so I used the peach eye shadow to highlight her brow bone.


Brow shape formed without using eye pencil



I tried two different headwraps on her.  First, I did the small round one in blue....



Blue eye shadow used in the crease. Touch of black in the outer-V.

Orange matte eyeshadow used on eye lids

Mac liquid powder foundation

Ben-Nye setting powder in camel


Afterwards, I made another headwrap style using aso-oke, which is an entirely different fabric from the first one.  However, I kept the same look...


Classic Nigerian Bride headwrap style.........




Beautiful lashes to add elegance

Cheek accentuated with rose gold blush


Beautiful lips created with a mix of gloss and lipstick

Beads by OnPoint Eventz

Gorgeous and yet simple

Say yes to the headwrap!!!


All products used were Macs'. The pictures were taken without much light and they were. No edits!!!

I am available for all special occasion makeup and event decoration.

For bookings and pricing, please contact me on myonpointeventz@gmail.com or call +16109313350.

Kindly remember to "like" us on facebook, follow us on Instagram @onpointeventz, follow us on twitter @myonpointeventz.

If you enjoyed this post, I would love to hear from you. Your comments, thoughts and feedback are appreciated!!

Thank you and God bless.



4 comments:

  1. the head-tie is so balanced and the make up,not loud,not so simple but strictly elegant.great job on pointz events!

    ReplyDelete