Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Celebrate with yellow and blaaaaackkkk!



On the blog this week is “Aunty Mayo”.  For all those getting #married or #planning a special occasion and you are wondering about your color combos, here is an idea #inspiration for you.  Yellow may or may not be your favorite color but it does add #elegance to any outfit that you choose.  However, the beauty of yellow is mostly seen when paired with black, in my opinion.

To begin this #makeup look, I had to groom her brows. God has endowed her with lots of facial hair. She didn't want me to trim off a whole lot, so I just “chopped” off some of that hair.

For her shadows, I used a mix of Mac shadows and Urban Decay shadow pallet.  I’m not a big fan of “sharp” colors so I apply my shadows in moderation.  


For my clients, I offer suggestions but I go by what they want since we all differ greatly.

I also made sure I used “natural” false lashes to add that extra spark. For this look, I decided not to use eye pencil/liner.  I wanted it to be as soft at possible.


For her face, I applied minute amounts of Mac’s Pro-longwear concealer and I set that with Mac Prep + Prime translucent powder for a flawless finish.  Her face didn’t need foundation powder.


For her lips, I applied lip softener followed by Mac’s Ruby Red.
Products were applied using a mix of +MAC Cosmetics  brushes and +Sigma Beauty Sigma Beauty Brushes

Finally, I wrapped the #gele” around her head and truly the #African “gele” makes all the #difference.
You can never go wrong on it!!! This #gelestyle is my all time favorite.  Of course, these pictures were taken by me (amateur) and could only imagine the outcome, if they were taken by a professional.





Let us know what you think; we will love to read from you!

For more updates, stay connected to OnPoint by following us on this blog. 

Kindly "like" our page on facebook @http://facebook.com/onpointeventz. Also follow us on twitter and Instangram @myonpointeventz.





*Leave us a comment and let us know what you think.*




Thank you all and God bless



No comments:

Post a Comment